Responsible to provide safe patient and family focused quality care utilizing the nursing process, demonstrating leadership competencies while in charge or acting as shift resource/team leader. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
BS Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification
Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Minimum Six (6) years of clinical experience post qualification
Minimum One (1) year as an academic educator
Fresh graduates welcome to apply, from the following countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs consistent, systematic evaluation of clinically based programmes to determine if they meet patient/staff needs and are responsive to department/organizational direction.
- Formulates measurable performance criteria to assess nurses’ levels of competence.
- Provides the clinical expertise essential to support managers with effective problem solving and decision making.
- Promotes and supports a collaborative practice model.
- Maintains accurate records of educational activity and reports as required.
- Facilitate achievement of individual, departmental, and organizational goals.
- Fosters open communication, learning, and professional growth of the nursing staff.
- Collaborates with managers regarding staff development programmes.
- Contributes to effective and efficient utilization of human resources, consumables and equipment.
- Initiates action and reports to the appropriate manager, when staff behavior and/or performance do not meet professional standards.
Management of Clinical Practice
- Identifies educational needs and develops educational programmes accordingly.
- Collaborates with nursing staff and other disciplines in the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programmes.
- Demonstrates skill in adult education, group dynamics, curriculum development, communication, and teaching strategies.
- Assists nursing staff to integrate new knowledge and skill into their practice and ensures that ongoing competency is maintained.
- Supports an environment that allows staff to acquire skills, identify and develop new ideas that ensures commitment to the organizational goals.
- In liaison with the Nurse Manager, reviews nursing practice and addresses required changes based on best practice guidelines
- Provides specialty specific orientation to relevant staff and participates the organizations orientation programmes as required.
- Sets clear measurable program objectives and evaluates program outcomes
- Provides bedside clinical consultations in area of expertise/specialization.
- Collaborates with nursing staff in identifying patient care concerns and in determining areas that necessitate resolution through staff education.
- Provides opportunities for individual nursing staff development
- Analyzes studies trends in nursing practice and recommends changes or adjustments in existing practice, adapting as required to meet the needs of the patient.
- Leads the implementation of evidence based practice and actively participates in research to promote clinical knowledge and a research based clinical practice environment.
- Support the staff to provide a suitable environment for patient and family learning.
- Engages in health promotion activities in the organization and community
- Responds to all levels of emergencies according to the organizations policies and procedures
- Maintains a strong communication network with the clinical leadership in promoting educational programmes.
- Uses information technology to access, transmit and produce information as necessary
- Maintains confidentiality and security of patient, family, and organization information in accordance with the confidentiality policy
- Facilitates effective communication between the patient, family and the interdisciplinary health care team as required
Performance Improvement/Risk Management
- Participates in quality improvement activities by assisting with the development, implementation and review of standards, policies, procedures and guidelines, evaluation of indicators and reporting of outcomes and trends.
- Utilize information gained from program evaluation to determine future program directions.
- Supports and participates in ongoing educational and research programmes within the Nursing Department and the organization.
- Supports a culture of performance improvement.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality of nursing care
- Audits compliance with organizational documentation standards.
- Monitors and supports the organizational Key Performance Indicators and Clinical Indicators and reinforces corrective action to improve clinical service.
- Responsible for minimizing exposure to incidents of infection/cross infection of patients, staff, visitors and the general public.
- Ensures staff adheres to the infection control policies and procedures of the organization
- Complies with International and HA-AD Patient Safety Goals
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams and Performance Improvement Projects for evaluation and improvement of processes and clinical practice.
- Maintains contemporary knowledge of evidence based practice relevant to specialty.
- Participates in activities which enhance own professional growth and development.
- Acts as a professional role model with regards to self-development and self-accountability by projecting the image of a self-directed learner and setting high personal work standards.
- Develops and achieves annual performance criteria/goals in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Maintains and updates a professional portfolio.
- Identifies and utilizes various mechanisms to assist in development of leadership skills.
- Utilizes internal educational resources and external agencies to assist with development of job specific competencies.
- Maintains and updates own professional development through relevant educational activities
- Initiates or participates in Nursing and or other disciplines research that contributes to continual improvement in standards of care.
- Obtains accredited and non-accredited Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Units in compliance with HA-AD and the organization’s requirements.