The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the financial aspects of EXPO City. The department functions include planning, organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling finances, as well as reporting and producing financial statements.
The Head of Accounting - Financial Control plays a critical role within Finance department by serving as the subject matter expert for financial accounting and control activities, this role ensures effective and efficient deployment of governance of financial operations.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Establish and manage secure internal control environment, including segregation of duties, adequate support documentation, timely review and reconciliations.
- Provide functional expertise of various accounting systems to enable compliance with requirements and produce accurate and reliable reports identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in processes and systems.
- Support with managing internal and external audits and ensure timely resolution of all findings and comments.
- Review and approve suppliers, advances, credit cards, petty cash and other payments.
- Ensure payments compliance with specified purchasing, contracts, and accounting procedures.
- Ensure that all administrative operations including all documentation and filing systems are carried out systematically and effectively.
- Produce Payable reports on timely basis
- Manage and respond to suppliers’ inquiries
- Fixed Assets and Inventory:
- Manage the validation, verification & reconciliation of all Inventory related accounts thus resulting in reflecting the proper value allocation of inventory in Financial statement.
- Review and manage monthly reconciliations between
- Financial records and Inventory Management systems to ensure accuracy of on hand inventory quantities.
- Ensure compliance with Internal policies & processes in order to ensure proper accounting treatments and correct presentation of relevant financial statements accounts.
Contracts & Payment review:
- Oversee the management and verification & processing IPCs against agreed contract deliverables and invoices
- Manage the relation with vendors on issues with acceptance reports, invoices & substantiation
- Ensure payments follow contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure all documents are in place and valid before releasing payments, guarantees, insurance etc.
- Lead the division responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programs
- Provide visible leadership to the division and across the organization to key stakeholders.
10 +years of experience with at least 3+ years in management/supervisory role within a large Finance function as well as:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a financial or accounting discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable Department.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing ERP systems (SAP desirable)