Be part of our Strategic Advisory team, in SNC-Lavalin Atkins’ Consulting, Strategy and Advisory services, where we help our clients to deliver their big ambitions for infrastructure and assets across the Middle East.
Strategic Advisory combines management consulting, financing, and technical capabilities to help clients solve complex front-end problems in the built environment, through our Portfolio & Programme Advisory, Business Transformation, Strategic Asset Management & Sustainability services.
Infrastructure investment is a key driver for the region’s economic growth, and even more so in shaping the regions recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, and a core enabler for the regions long-term strategies and development plans driving economic diversification.The Opportunity
At SNC-Lavalin Atkins’ Strategic Advisory services, we are currently looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant for Infrastructure and PPP Advisory. We are focused on growing our strategic advisory and large-scale transformation delivery across our clients within multiple sectors, mainly government and infrastructure clients across the MEA region.
Our Strategic Advisory team is focused on the following key areas:
- Strategic Advisory in early stage on large scale Infrastructure, Transport and Urban Development programmes, from policy, institutional and capability development; strategic planning and strategic business case development to helping clients to scope their programmes and execution
- Ongoing strategic support to drive more successful infrastructure project delivery.
We are looking for individuals with experience from Advisory and Consulting firms, with a real passion and interest for infrastructure development.
The role is based in region and will require travel. The candidate will be exposed to several industries and clients - Infrastructure & Transport; Governmental and Private entities, Energy, Oil & Gas; Cities & Urban Infrastructure and work alongside experienced Consultants and Technical Specialists from our broader Group.Key Responsibilities
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant-PPP Advisory, your key focus will be to lead day to day activity on our engagements with our clients with responsibility and day to day management of the Atkins team and engagement delivery scope.
Our engagements and clients are all unique, but some typical activities are:Project Delivery
- Undertake market and feasibility studies including data collection, benchmarking, financial and economic analysis on projects
- Independently develop sections of Business case for Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects including needs assessment, business model development, value for money analysis, Risk assessment and allocation socio-economic impact assessment and technical feasibility studies
- Identification and development of procurement strategy
- Development of procurement documentation and schedules, technical and functional specifications, evaluation criteria and reports.
- Provide assistance to Project Manager in Technical and financial evaluation leading upto financial close and project award
- Delivering presentations and recommendations to the clients accompanied by detailed notes.
- Stakeholder management and driving alignment and buy-in for our engagements.
- The confidence to build lasting relationships and influence senior colleagues and clients in leading roles.
- Contributing to the profitability of our business, through identifying business development opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Identifying opportunities for new and integrated services, bringing the best from our global business, our technical domains to our clients in the middle east and beyond. Working together with our technical advisors, engineers, planners, commercial consultants to bring integrated offerings to our clients.
- Using your knowledge and expertise of the infrastructure sector to develop innovative value propositions
Practice building & Development
- Coordinate with teams across different Business units and external consultants.
Requirements For The Role
- Contribute to positioning our Consulting and Advisory services across the middle east through thought leadership development and social media presence.
- Actively pursue internal practice development for the infrastructure market in general but also within specific domains and capabilities (e.g., Programme Transformation, Technology, Sustainability and Net Zero, Operational Excellence)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or related fields
- Master's Degree or higher in any of the above or related fields
- Certified Public private partnership professional (CP3P) or equivalent (preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience within Project Finance/PPP transaction advisory
- Sound knowledge of the infrastructure PPP space in Middle east region
- Ability to analyze data and deliver insightful practical solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in making impactful client presentations and project deliverables
- Willingness and ability to travel across the middle east region.
Rewards And Benefits
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Proactive Decision Making and ability to work independently
- Shows flexibility in tasks and location, and deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English is essential (Arabic preferred)
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- 22 days annual leave over 5 days working week
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme