Quality Manager - Private Airline Operation
Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Posted on 07/25/2022
For one of its most prestigious customers ARENGY is looking for an experienced VIP/Private Airline QUALITY MANAGER.
The customer, Dubai Royal Airwing, is the dedicated private Airline used by the UAE Royal family and some special interest flights. It is located on the southeast side of Dubai International (DXB), comprises a VIP terminal, along with its related aircraft hangars and maintenance facilities. The fleet is comprised of 3 B747-400, 6 BBJ, 1 B777, few smaller business jets as well as a fleet of helicopters (AW139 / AW109 / H125)
For the fixed wing aircraft, the line maintenance is done locally while base maintenance is subcontracted to larger MRO in Europe or Singapore. For rotary wing aircraft, all maintenance is done locally.
The function of the quality manager is to monitor compliance with, and the adequacy of, procedures required to ensure safe operational practices and airworthy airplanes. The primary role of the quality manager is to verify, by monitoring activity in the fields of flight operations, maintenance, crew training and ground operations, that the standards required by the Authority, and any additional requirements defined are followed precisely.
- Responsible for developing and managing the Quality System and for ensuring that it continues to comply with regulatory requirements and to meet the needs of the operations.
- Ensure that all quality related policies and procedures detailed in the Operations, Quality and manuals are adhered to and carry out an ongoing review of the adequacy and effectiveness of Quality System procedures.
- Maintain and keep current all Quality Audit and inspection records for review at any time by the competent authority and other external bodies as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Regulatory Authorities (GCAA) as may be appropriate on matters related to the Quality System .
- Establish procedures for dealing with non-conformities, monitoring non conformity reports and taking corrective/preventive action in response to audit findings.
- Notify the Accountable Manager and senior management when Management Review meetings are scheduled and present internal audit reports.
- Review the Quality Systems of new subcontractors who impact the operation and organize audits of their quality assurance systems.
- Monitor compliance with and adequacy of procedures to ensure airworthy aircraft at all times via an audit program and that all maintenance is performed in accordance with Approved data.
- Monitor all contracted maintenance for compliance with contract conditions relevant to airworthiness and that contracted organizations have the relevant Part 145 Approvals and facilities
- Monitor the aircraft weighing program for compliance with Part M - M.A.708 (b) 10.
- Monitor all certificate renewals, including renewal test flights, relevant to the certification and operation of each aircraft.
- Control of the use and application of the the Minimum Equipment List insofar as it affects airworthiness.
- Grant authorization to individuals to certify the Certificate of Release to Service and special authorizations to issue Certificate of Maintenance Review and renewal recommendations for Certificates of Airworthiness.
- Grant authorizations to individuals to issue CA Form 1 for work carried out under the CAR 145 Approval.
- Coordinate reports of un-airworthy conditions.
- Ensure the organization holds all appropriate technical publications, specifications and drawings and that they are amended as required.
- Establish a Materials Management Inspection section by the granting of Stores Inspection authority to suitable individuals.
- Conduct all Airworthiness Technical Review meetings.
- Coordinate all aspects of the company Exposition / Quality Manual and the negotiation with the GCAA/ or of any other authority / OEM of aircraft of any changes required to the documents, or to the Terms of Approval granted by the Authority to the company.
- Maintain the company's GCAA/Approvals/ or any other as required during audit by GCAA 21. Ensure that all staff the who carries out Quality Inspections and Quality audits are adequately trained.
- Analyze all relevant data and circulate it within the company for information, with recommendations for improvement in quality standards as required.
- Have overall responsibility for the control of quality records.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as Quality Manager in flight operations and line maintenance
- Knowledge of Part M & Part 145 (ideally CAR M & CAR 145)
- Knowledge of airlines OPS manual MME, MOE, EPM, MEL and aircraft maintenance schedules
- Experience of Private / VIP environment
- Experience of aircraft B747, B737, B777
- Knowledge of interfacing with aeronautical authorities, GCAA if possible
- Very good practice of English (written, spoken)
- Arabic is a plus
- Motivating Salary in accordance with market