Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - UAE Nationals Only - 22000257
ENTER THE WORLD OF AVIATION TECH
Join the Emirates Group IT Team in Dubai
At Emirates, we know that tech never stands still. Which is why we’re at the forefront of innovation in the aviation world. We are looking for the best IT professionals to help ensure we stay cutting-edge. So bring your talent to the world’s largest international airline and join our IT team as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
What We Offer
This is your chance to work on challenging projects across different brands and businesses within the Emirates Group’s global portfolio.
Based in dynamic Dubai, you can enjoy all the benefits of a cosmopolitan lifestyle and a great work-life balance. That’s on top of a tax-free salary and amazing travel perks.
About The Role
Develop and implement quality engineering practices and processes within a Scrum team to ensure high quality delivery of products and services for our customers.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do:
- Work closely with project members, architects and software engineers to understand the technical landscape and the context of deliveries to translate complex functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work closely with product owners to provide early feedback on any foreseen risks in the product requirements and design.
- Challenge the status-quo where needed with new tools and techniques to continuously raise the bar of quality deliveries.
- Implement, maintain and adapt automation frameworks and test harnesses to ensure robust CI pipelines, post deployment (CD) tests and smooth execution of end-to-end tests across systems.
- Ensure Test Tools are configured correctly and accurately to support the generation of metrics for enterprise-wide dashboards.
- Feed into enterprise quality roadmaps by running POCs, suggesting tooling improvements and proactively enhancing frameworks for the wider quality community
- Lead and influence teams at different levels and scale, to minimise inefficiencies and mitigate any risks for large scale deliveries
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications You’ll Need To Have:
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a related or relevant field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Experience You’ll Need To Have:
- 3+ years in Information Technology
- Experience in quality engineering roles within a digital or e-commerce environment.
- Experience as a Software Quality Engineering lead or equivalent position looking after multiple products.
Skills You’ll Need To Have:
- Extensive hands-on experience with developing UI and API automation frameworks.
- Familiar with common programming and scripting languages (Java, Python, JS, C++, Ruby, Perl, C# languages).
- Automation frameworks experience using one or more of the following automation tools: Selenium components (WebDriver, Grid, etc.), Protractor, Jasmin, Cucumber, Gherkin, JUnit, TestNG.
- Experience using git SCM tools, GitHub or Bitbucket or similar tools.
- Experience using CI tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps or equivalent.
- Proficiency in at least 2 different programming languages.
- Experienced with coding best practices and defining coding guidelines.
- Experience in providing product input on business process flows and scenario mapping for business solutions.
- Up to date with the latest testing and technology trends.
- Strong expertise with context driven and exploratory testing with practical experience of using a number of testing heuristics.
- Experience working with VMs and containers both on perm and cloud offerings like Amazon and google cloud.
- Leading teams to implement new tools and techniques to raise the quality of deliveries
Emirates. Fly Better.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.