The Roeslein Brazil Managing Director is responsible for the overall leadership and strategic planning of the organization and manages the operation of all aspects, including developing high-quality organizational strategies and plans, implementing business development and sales programs, leading and motivating employees in administration, engineering, project management, and manufacturing to grow the business as a whole and achieve overall fiscal integrity. For the right candidate, Roeslein will cover the cost of relocation to Sao Paulo of Brazil, if applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and advise business development group to pursue project opportunities throughout South American market sectors of oil & gas, refinery, renewable energy, industrial manufacturing, beer and beverage filling, and D&I canmaking.
- Oversee business opportunities from the development of proposals to securing contracts.
- Maintain and support existing customer relationships by regularly assessing customer satisfaction with our project performance, and assisting in securing new business, developing new customers, and other marketing activities.
- Collaborate with business development executives in corporate Roeslein and other geographic areas to pursue Roeslein business global growth.
Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction, and Project Management
- Spearhead the development, expansion, and optimization of the Company's engineering, procurement, manufacturing, project management, and construction activities including installation, commissioning, and testing, to ensure seamless operational effectiveness.
- Oversee project activities and provide technical and managerial support as projects are being executed throughout the organization to ensure company goals on safety, quality, and finance are met.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of vendors and stakeholders, both internal and external to the company.
- Collaborate with Roeslein corporate divisional executives and managing directors in other geographic areas to plan, set up, adjust, and track Roeslein global resource utilization to ensure projects are delivered on time, and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Interface with customers during project implementation to promote Roeslein's professionalism and excellence.
Personnel Management and Organization Development
- Structure, recruit, and manage the team, developing and motivating team members and ensuring proper bench strength. Serve as a leader and role model and create working environments where employees are equipped and driven to excel.
- Continuously review existing processes, structures, and resources within the business and provide recommendations to tackle challenges arising from a dynamic business environment.
- Provide daily guidance and direction to department managers. Complete annual reviews for all direct employees.
- Communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; coach, counseling, and discipline employees; initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct activities in a safe, respectful, and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
- Understand local government policies and procedures and interface with governing governmental bodies to ensure business integrity and compliance with laws, policies, and rules on environmental protection, safety, and labor management.
- Educate, direct, guide, and enable the success of the organization through talent identification and development.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct activities in a safe and prudent manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
- Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Collaborate with Roeslein corporate HR and Finance executives to ensure safeguarding our business’ outstanding status
- Perform various additional duties as assigned.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for short periods of time is possible.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, use hands, and or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 80%; standing/walking 20%. Occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds and 40 pounds rarely. Ability to travel by car or plane, and overnight stays will occur occasionally.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- At least fifteen (15) years in either oil & gas, refinery, renewable energy, industrial manufacturing, food and beverage packaging, filling systems, D&I canmaking, or other processing industries-related experience is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with a multi-national enterprise in an executive or significant leadership position is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in establishing new business and/or achieving organization and business growth in a one-to-three-year time frame.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management, or a related field is required. A master’s degree in engineering or Business Management is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Strong English oral and written skills are a must.
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese languages, and a deep understanding of Brazilian and US/European business culture are required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at ease in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, results-driven environment.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Must possess solid judgment and critical thinking skills; not afraid of complex problems. Has strong analytical problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to execute.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, vendors, co-workers, and other business contacts.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associates core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.