Dealership:L0105 Lithia Home Office
Senior Director, Platform CFO
The Platform CFO is a Senior Director and is the business partner for dealership operations and oversees certain store accounting functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. Responsibilities will include performing detailed analytical projects, action plan tracking, and information gathering while influencing effectiveness at all levels of the organization, adapting to rapidly changing business needs, assessing and improving business processes and measuring effectiveness of processes and initiatives.
The Platform CFO reports directly to the Sr. Director, Office Operations and has direct management responsibilities for a team of Controllers & Directors.
*Position will cover 33 stores in our Texas region, and would ideally be based in Texas with an office at our Dallas Accounting Center (APC). Potential to work remote outside of the market.
- Operate at a tactical, strategic and operational level, as the business partner to Dealership Operations leadership.
- Coordinate and partner with Dealership Operations leadership in operational performance reviews at the store and regional levels including creating materials to highlight improvement areas and strategic focuses.
- Coordinate and partner with Dealership Operations leadership on pre- and post-acquisition activities to facilitate successful integration including onboarding of new teams, identification of process changes and training needs.
- Determine and track metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives, report out on conclusions driven by data and analysis.
- Proactively identify issues that could impact the successful achievement of business objectives or initiative success; identify and elevate those issues to the Dealership Operations leadership team to resolve the problem and further mitigate the risk.
- Manage the financial close process for dealerships. This includes overseeing the team responsible for the dealership general ledgers and ensuring financial results are recorded timely and accurately.
- Provide oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational structure or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Liaison with the Performance Management team, build and generate project specific reporting as needed
- Liaison with the Accounting Shared Services teams to ensure effective, timely processing of dealership related transactions
- Analyzes P&L and identifies opportunities to increase revenue or decrease costs
Skills and Qualifications
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- BS or BA in accounting, finance, or economics; CPA desirable, but not required.
- Management experience required.
- Automotive industry experience highly desired.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and possess exceptional project management and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency, and excellent communication skills.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- 10+ years' experience supporting a business or division, 3+ in a FP&A preferred
We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Does the right thing, takes action and adapts to change
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans and follows through
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.